Jon Acuff has been blogging this past week about what he is calling "
Finish Year."
In the first post, he shared that he is often great at starting things
but not so great at finishing them. I totally feel him on that. What I
feel even more is being great at brainstorming and planning things in
my head but then not even actually starting them. Sad, I know. So I've
been thinking about what I want to "finish" and ultimately
be in 2012. As a first step, I'm making a list of what I want to be, and then I'll brainstorm
ways to achieve those things. And even this list might get pared down in an effort to make my Finish Year realistic and doable.
Without further ado, in 2012 I want to be...
[in no particular order]
creative
organized
devoted
thoughtful
romantic
healthy
If you want to read more about Finish Year, here are the links to Jon's blogs:
I dare you to do this with me.
How to build a "Finish List."
Don’t overkill your resolutions.
Fuzzy goals fail. Here’s how to fix yours.
What are you going to finish in 2012?
I read Jon's blog regularly, but I just have his blog as a "favorite" link in my browser. He doesn't seem to have the type of Google blog we are on right now, so I don't know how to "subscrobe" or "follow" him. Do you?
ReplyDeleteBy the way, you ARE creative! I was SO impressed by the decorations at my bachelorette party! :)
What I do when I want to subscribe to a blog that isn't a Blogspot.com one is click "Add" on the Blogger homepage, right under the Reading List header. Then you paste in the URL of the page, choose to follow publicly or anonymously, and then click Follow. Then it should show up on your Reading List just like a Blogger blog would. For Jon, I did that once for his blog and then again for his Stuff Christians Like blog since I want to follow them both. Hopefully those directions will work for you!
ReplyDeleteAnd thank you! :) I always thought of myself as a fairly creative person, but I felt like I lost touch with that aspect of myself in the last couple of years. So thanks to Pinterest, I feel like my creative juices have been flowing again, and I want to be intentional about doing some crafty projects. I'm excited to spend some time in Hobby Lobby and see what I can create! :)